Boston, Massachusetts

Update by user Sep 09, 2011

aka MakeYourOwnJeans.com

Original review posted by user Sep 09, 2011

Sent measurements per their specifications. The jeans I got were 1/2" to 3" off in many areas. Multiple emails to them regarding the problem get boilerplate responses or "We didn't get your previous email due to technical difficulties, please resend. We await your prompt response." Also, they charged me more than what my invoice shows, including some fee CBC fee.

False advertising on website states: Get Tailor Made Jeans As Per Your Specifications Starting at $49, Customize your measurements as below. We make them to fit your needs, your measurements, your special requirements. All our garments are hand cut and individually sewn, as a testimony with hand made products they may sometimes differ slightly with the measurements submitted, however as we check each product individually the difference will not be much.

Company finally answered asked me for measurements where they were wrong (which I did in 3 previous emails), they told me they sent the right size, to look at the writing on the inside of the jeans and that jeans will stretch! How absurd is that...I can't even zip them shut. I also have photos with a measuring tape showing they are liars.

Here is part of email they sent, stating the size I ordered for waist...take a look at what it actually came in as. I can't close the zipper, certainly won't get them to stretch almost 3" more!

"We rechecked our Cutting report and find that:-

1. The waist measurement you have given is 28 inches and our designers have made it 28.5 inches.You can see on the reverse side the waist measurements it is infact cut more than what the waist you have given. You can measure the waist again from the button to the button eye hole stretching it fully.The jeans will become more loose as you wear them.

2. The Front Rise measurement you have given is 10 inches and our designers have made it accordingly. You have ordered stretch jeans, they stretch when you wear. All stretch jeans are made this way. Let us know where are we wrong in following your Measurements."

And of course they go by paperwork, I have the actual finished, incorrect product and their "report" that says the jean waist is 27" (still wrong!)

Despite photographic evidence to wrong on their part, they ignore emails, don't admit they're wrong. Therefore I'm filing a complaint with the high court in India, their ISP and local police department.

Had an Experience with Harry Fashion?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion